Thursday, September 1, 2016

Living Water

The sermon began with the story of the woman at the well. The place where Jesus shows a Samaritan, a sin filled woman, that He is the Messiah. He offers living water, the water that never dries up. That keeps thirst away. 

During the sermon I envision a cup that is over flowing with a downpour from heaven. Or a fountain that squirts up in never ending glistening sprays. As I thought about times of prayer and worship these do a good job of describing this. 

But there have been deeper times. Prayers that began at the shores edge. The tide creeping up to the toes. The next wave washing over my feet, pulling me into the sand. I drop to my knees and allow the next crash to swirl up to my chest and the smell of freshness fills me. 

As God's spirit draws me close I dive into the ocean of His love. Here is the living water that takes over all my senses. I twirl, somersault, and float in the warmth of belonging, love, and joy. 

The living water that never runs out. The  sea that always satisfies. Don't take a sip. Don't wet the toes and walk away. Give in to the waters flow completely, effortlessly, with all your body, mind, and soul. 

No comments:

Post a Comment