Friday, December 28, 2012

What's Next?




What’s Next?
          I've been cleaning out my Art/craft Room. My husband gave me some beautiful shelving from Ikea for Christmas. My son, Adam, and husband, Jon, spent Christmas Eve day putting them up for me. My son Todd and daughter-in-law gave me cool storage containers with many drawers in them. Adam also, gave me great music to work by.
          As a result of all the cleaning, I found this sketch I made many Christmases ago.  I decided to put it up here because it might be where some people are as they look toward the New Year. You may be as I have been at times, staring with dullness into the night’s fire, tired, bone weary, and discouraged. Not knowing when the Messiah will come.
          But have faith. Just when you think there is only darkness ahead for you, the next turn of your head may reveal angels waiting to shower you with hope and joy, and a star biding you to follow it to a new calling.
          “Fear not, for unto you is born this day in the city of David . . .” I love the answer the shepherds said to each other, “Let’s go and see this thing that the Lord has made known to us.”
Yes, when God calls, be excited to say, “LET’S GO!” 

No comments:

Post a Comment