Tuesday, December 10, 2019

Holy Moments


Holy Moment
A moment in time when the God of the universe sets in your soul a flick of needed hope, a message to serve, or a fire of inspiration, for me this is a Holy moment. And this is what Pastor Greg spoke on two Sunday's ago. He began with Mary, then worked back to Moses, and Samson's mother. 

He asked what would our angel look like? The one that brings you your moment. Mine is a bit disheveled but shines with golden designs of inspiration. Greg shared the holy moments in his life. His call to ministry, and times when Jesus spoke to his inner heart to reach out just at the right time.

I have had some as well. A time of comfort, for instance, when I felt lost among the throngs. Invisible even to God. I was at a concert for one of the leading Christian music artists at the time,  Randy Stonehill. At the end of his concert, as I sat with the thousand or so young people, he said good night, adding how much he loved each one of us. I looked around at the crowded theater.

Yeah, right. You don't even know me, I thought. For that matter how can God know me. I'm invisible in this sea of people. Obviously, I was not in a good mood. I began to talk to God. "Okay, Lord, if you really know who I am, this is what I'd like you to do. I want to personally meet Randy Stonehill. That's right, face to face." Then I thought again. "No, wait, that's too easy. I want to meet Randy Stonehill's wife. Yeah, his wife. Go ahead and make that happen if I'm visible to you."

A week or two later I was having breakfast across the table from his wife Sarah Stonehill. Did you know that was coming? I had decided uncharacteristically to fly, by myself, to California to take part in a worship workshop weekend at a camp called Mission Springs. I somehow was able to arrange for a perfect stranger to pick me up, stay at her house, and then have her drive me up to camp. There were only about eight of us that weekend, because it was the first one they'd offered and were trying it out. 

One of the speakers and teachers that weekend was another famous Christian artist at the time, Larry Norman. He was best friends with Randy and his then wife Sarah Stonehill. She'd come up to visit with Larry at the camp. Some day I may share the rest of what happened that weekend as well.

Have you had a Holy moment? I'd love to hear about it in the comments.  Thanks!






No comments:

Post a Comment