Tuesday, September 15, 2015

In The Image

In The Image
We were made to be in the image of God. Our purpose in this world is to reflect Jesus. I've heard this type of sermon before. I always imagined an image of a shimmering glowing being, with golden sparks flinging around Him. The image of Jesus, clothed in a robe so white it hurt your eyes. How do we become like this Jesus? It seemed impossible. But during this sermon I realized to be the mirror image of Jesus, to reflect who He is, I needed to do more than wait for a spiritual car wash. To reflect the image of Jesus, I needed to study His life on this earth. What was He like? How did He live and die? Therefore in this sketch I made Jesus represent, humility, forgiveness, generosity, sacrifice, love, no condemnation, fearlessness, selflessness. What can we be doing to reflect these things? We need to DO! We need to give, pray, be courageous, have fellowship, be selfless, speak love, seek God, continue to hope, and love the poor, disenfranchised, the marginalized and the ones furthest from Christ. How are you doing with your reflection?

No comments:

Post a Comment