Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Start or Start Over

Start or Start Over
When I hear the story of the prodigal son, I see this picture in my mind. I realize there is much more to the story, but I know the love a parent experiences for their child,  A child lost to the world comes home, not to judgement or condemnation but to the overwhelming love of his father. No ridicule, only a hugs and celebration. 

Every year Pastor Greg takes on a Sunday to emphasize our church mission statement. To start or start over. He does try to change the sermons up, but I have gone here for 20 years, You can imagine I have heard them all. But this time he brought out the Prodigal Son story and my heart caught this image. Our church tries to be a place where one can begin their walk with Christ or start it over again. We've found many people have been hurt by the church and need a place to heal. Sometimes we are the church that has hurt and that makes us very sad. 

If you have left the church or God, please know He is watching the road for your return. He will welcome you home with hugs and tears. All is forgiven, come home.

No comments:

Post a Comment