Monday, August 20, 2018

How do you see God?

The Look of God

Do you see God as an old man with a long white beard or do you see a familiar painting of Jesus? Maybe you imagine a swirl of colors in a cloud. I found that I don't see any kind of person when I pray or connect with God. 

I "experience" God. I've been filled with dark panic and fear then prayed, the complete peace that followed is how I see God.  Having a specific prayer being answered in a totally miraculous way is seeing God. He gives me rest, has protected me, directed me, and opened doors that no one would have thought could open. I feel His hand on my back and have been brought to tears over the love He has given me for others.  

How do you see God?

This first sketch is from a sermon series by Greg Ralston  about how you see God.   


No comments:

Post a Comment