Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Begin Again


Drawing by Tyler Wisemen 

Hi, again. I've discovered that my sermon sketches have an unexpected benefit. It is the perfect activity for a introvert. Not only does it give me a great reason not to get up during greeting time at church, (because I'm sketching) it keeps me from having to seek new people to talk to after the service. Not because I don't make the effort but because they come to me. New people, even those who just haven't noticed my drawing before, come to me. I can't even get out of my seat before someone has come over to talk. 

I have also developed another kid crew following that love to sit with me during the service, before they go to kid classes. This little group asks me to make a sketch for them that they add to or color in. It has stretched my abilities in having to to draw race cars, fighter planes and Optimus Prime.  All this has  encouraged me to continue posting my drawings. 

The drawing above came from a teen friend that talked with me after the service. He wanted to show me a his sketch from a few weeks ago. I think this drawing tells its story with no needed explanations.  More guest artists may be on the way.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment