Monday, September 3, 2018

God is Our Shepherd

 
God is our Shepherd

"I just wanna to be a sheep." That's a funny camp song. Why would I want to be sheep? They're timid and fearful. Sheep will foolishly follow whoever is in front of them. They can be helpless and easily distracted. Oh, wait, maybe I am a sheep.

Jesus takes unworthy sheep and protects us. With a hook He pulls us from trouble. A rod is used to guide us along the right path. He leads by the quiet waters to give drink. A sheep's nose is just above his mouths and could drown at rough streams. Jesus gives us a place of peace to rest, green grass to eat. He anoints the scratches and wounds with healing oil. 

I guess if we have a shepherd that takes as good of us as Jesus, then . . . I want to be His sheep.   


No comments:

Post a Comment